Monday, April 13, 2020

Poetry Challenge Day 13: Purpose


I Write

I write
    to fill the blank page in my heart
    creating the letters
        capitals
        and lowercase
    between the solid blue lines
        just above the dotted line
    with just a touch of my own personal style

I write
    to understand what is right
    in the midst of all that is wrong
        anger 
        and pain
    filling the headlines in bold letters
        using a simpler font
    I sift through today with a pencil

I write
    to worship the power of the word
    that creates the reality of now
        joy
        and love
    to be discovered in the space
        on the paper in front of us
    creation is found in the written words

I write
    to bring the past forward
    to connect to my children’s future
        history
        and possibility
    combine in a single purpose that reveals
 why the story of their life
    started with me writing between blue lines

No comments:

Post a Comment