Saturday, April 25, 2020

Poetry Challenge Day 25: Remix


*The prompt today was to remix a poem in some way from the challenge so far.

Last Line


I am awake again, just before the witching hour
The house filled with sounds of slumber
a fan
a radio
and the troubling thoughts in my heart
My mind turns to the written word, 
the poetic muse is stretching in the darkness
Robert Frost once said that a poem should end in wisdom
I think back to the lines this month I’ve written:

… same as this new world
Like we will live forever
...both father and son
You will read the same
Of a room I built for myself
LOVE is…
A sonnet written...
He prayed as her voice faded away
I dream of better days…
Here on earth
...Nobody called.
...For this poet, it cuts like a knife.
“could be someone, be someone, be someone”
My skin warming in their hugs

I’m unsure if Frost would approve
All my words are mirrors for others to see
a reflection of our moments,
shared through my wisdom
The darkness swirls my pain with doubt
Tomorrow will take another day from me
I bring my legs underneath me
as fear makes my chest cold
Tomorrow is another day to my
last line

No comments:

Post a Comment