Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Poetic Form 24: Found Poetry

Third Part Twitter Life

Twitter thinks I'm
some of my English teachers and
started years ago

Your favorite method?
Have a future...
Not feeling it?

I really struggle on new books:
concept art in, is a gem.

Are you looking?

I broke bread,
when I saw
the next chapter…


Poetic Form #24: Found Poetry
Found poetry is written by taking words not originally meant to be a poem
and creating a poem by them. The words can come from newspaper articles,
instructions, recipes, letters, e-mails, direct mail or any written document. 
You do not alter the original words. You create the poem with line breaks 
and cutting out excess words. I happen to use three word phrases from my
twitter feed. Yes, the first tweet had the phrase I used in the first line… 
I love it when life aligns like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment