Friday, January 8, 2021

Poetic Form 75: Roundabout

 Still in Love

In the soft light she moved, beauty.

I fell fast to the ground,

losing my heart.

Her kiss a dart.

I fell fast to the ground

making my tongue confound.

She laughs, whispers abstract

words on starlight;

words that delight.

She laughs, whispers abstract

ideas that color the track

of scars unseen. A rite

left with cruelty.

An old movie

of scars unseen, a rite.

She lifts me to the starry night.

Hands soft, full lips ruby.

Arms closed around

beauty profound.

Hands soft, full lips ruby.


Poetic Form #75: Roundabout

The Roundabout form was created by Sara Diane Doyle. The form 

is a four stanza poem. Each stanza consists of 5 lines. The poem 

is written in iambic and the lines have 4 feet, 3 feet, 2 feet, 2 feet 

and 3 feet respectively. The second line of each stanza is the last line 

of that stanza. The rhyme scheme looks like this:

aBccB

bCddC

cDaaD

dAbbA

No comments:

Post a Comment