Saturday, February 20, 2021

Poetic Form 97: Rannaigheact Mhor

 I Write

Write well they say, yet I fail.

A tall tail a price to pay.

Maybe I can’t find ways, hail

the sale of my dang dismay.


Carve my name in bright paper

a caper for the fast flight.

No daylight say skyscrapers

cuts razors right, I will write. 



Poetic Form #97: Rannaigheact Mhor

The rannaigheact mhor form is a complicated Welsh form:

  • Quatrain with an abab rhyme scheme, including consonant end sounds

  • 7 syllables per line

  • 2 cross-rhymes in each couplet of each quatrain

  • Final word of line 3 rhymes with interior of line 4

  • 2+ words alliterate in each line

  • Final word of line 4 alliterates with preceding stressed word

  • Final sound of the poem echoes the first sound of the poem

 

No comments:

Post a Comment