Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Third Day MVICW Conference

 


 

The morning session for Martha's Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing Writers' Conference was titled, "The Masks We Want". The session was about writing persona poetry. We had to list four historical figures and four fictional characters as the first step. Through other steps we decided on one of the eight figures.  I ended up writing from Yoda's point of view just before Luke arrives on Dagobah. Again, these poems were done during the open writing time, so they will probably be revised later.

“Train or Not Train”


Tired, I am

Hmmmm

Unsure, I am that I can train the son of Anakin

For years a lightsaber I have held not

Ready to fade this crude matter is


Too young, yet too old is he

Tainted his mind is

Of this war

Between soldiers it is not

Hmmmm

For the Force he must have courage for

Past the emotions he will have to find his way

Hmmmm


Tired, I am

Responsibility to fill, I know I have

Do what I must, I will

Train, I will

A path, I will show

Tired, I am

Hmmmm

A Jedi or his father’s side choose he must


Hmmm

A disturbance in the Force, I feel

Arrived he has

Train, I will

Train, I will


Hmmm

Tired though, I am

No comments:

Post a Comment