Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Falling Star



Where would I be if I hadn’t
         wished upon a Falling star?
Would I be chained to this dream,
         forever chasing a possibility
         that never reaches the horizon

It was a spur-of-the-moment wish
Made in the innocence of youth
I was sitting on my front step
Enamored by the endless night
         For a moment I understood eternity
                  and my place in it
                  sitting there on my front step

A knee-jerk reaction as a star fell.
A wish,
A hope,
A dream made at such a young age.

I was not mature enough to know that falling stars do not land.

So here I am
         face peppered with stardust
         as I run across eternity.
My legs and heart growing tired with age

Wondering where I would be
if I hadn’t wished upon a Falling star.

No comments:

Post a Comment